Tar River University
About Us
Contact Us
Garden Club
Community Watch
Photo Album
Local Resources




When is the weekly trash pickup?

To verify your day for garbage, recycling, and bulky trash pick up, go to the Public Works sanitation schedule and enter your house number and street name or call Public Works at 252-329-4522. In January, Public Works mails the holiday pickup schedule for the year to all residents. Also, the schedule appears on the city page in The Daily Reflector and on Channel 9, the Government Access Channel.

I live in a historic home and want to make some renovations. What do I need to know?

Any changes to the structure or grounds of property within the College View Historic District require a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) from the Greenville Historic Preservation Commission. Click above for details and to download a COA form.

Where do I get a permit for on-street parking?

If you are a TRUNA resident living on a street with controlled residential parking, you are eligible to purchase up to three residential parking permit "A" decals or "C" decals for your vehicles. For more information or to apply for a residential parking sticker, click above or call Public Works at 252-329-4467.

Where do I obtain information about noise, litter, and other issues in the neighborhood?

Click on common neighborhood issues for a handy summary of issues and who to contact. Code enforcement officer for the TRUNA neighborhood is Johnnie Butler, 329-4346.

What are the property maintenance standards in Greenville?

Click here for a city brochure explaining the standards.

How can I contact members of Greenville's city council?

Click here for list of e-mail addresses and phone numbers for our council members.

Which sections of the neighborhood are in the flood plain?

Go to OPIS, the Online Parcel Information System maintained by Pitt County, and click on Floodplains for more information.

How do I determine the legal ownership of property in the neighborhood?
Go to OPIS, the Online Parcel Information System, maintained by Pitt County. Along with listing the property's owner, it includes tax assessment information, school district for the property, and other pertinent information.
Where can I find a guide to city services?
Click on guide above, which will link you to an alphabetical list of city services.